Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vegetables galore!!

I have way too many green beans and tomatoes! Every time I visit my parents I bring over lots of tomatoes for them and today they just left with a ton of green beans that they picked while they were watching the younger two kids for me. I also have as many carrots as I want to pick and on Monday we harvested some of our potatoes. Most of them were red potatoes and some of them were HUGE!! I'm also super excited about our pumpkins. It looks like we are going to get at least 4 good size pumpkins this year! I just have to go out every couple of days and squash a couple of the squash bugs...Here is one full grocery bag of red potatoes and a few Yukon Gold potatoes in the other bag. There are still some more potatoes to harvest but I want to wait a couple more weeks.Kitty showing off some of the HUGE potatoes!Baby K loves to go and pick up a potato out of the bag and call it a ball. Thankfully she hasn't tried to bounce too many of them!Just a few of the green beans that I picked the other day.Some of our nice tomatoes I picked recently. I also have a ton of cherry tomatoes - the plant is as tall as I am!

1 comments:

Vonae said...

Your garden sounds great! My garden did ok. I think your weather is better and a longer season then mine. Were you able to use it all?