Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Soccer

The season is halfway over already and both Luke & M&M's soccer teams are doing well. They both have 3 wins and 1 tie so far. It's definitely been a learning experience coaching Luke's team, but I am enjoying it. I have a pretty good group of kids on the team and a few of them have been playing together for a couple of seasons now. I also find that I get really engrossed into coaching at the games and there have been a couple of times where Baby K will come up to me and grab my legs and it takes me a minute or two before I realize who it is and what she wants...

I am really glad that we switched M&M to a coed team this year. It has been a much more enjoyable and positive experience for her. The only downside to the team is that they practice at a school across town and it takes us about 15-20 minutes to get there. Plus she has band practice after school on the same day as practice now so she ends up being about 15-20 minutes late to practice each week. There are 2 other girls on the team with her that go to her school and the coach is a friend of ours and lives just a few houses away from us.

0 comments: