Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More car fun!

The Tuesday before the mouse sighting, I was driving around town running some errands in the morning when all of a sudden the van started making horrible grinding noises whenever I would step on the brakes. So much so that I ended up calling and canceling M&M's piano lesson and Luke and I walked to my den leader partner's house for cub scouts that afternoon. I called DH at work when I first heard the noise and he was able to arrange things at work so he could stay home the next day to work on the car. Apparently the brake pads were wearing very unevenly and the side that had the piece that makes the brakes squeal when they are getting worn was hardly worn at all. DH ended up having to get the rotors resurfaced again (this happened to us the last time as well) and then he was able to change the brake pads too. It's nice having a husband who can do work like this on the cars to help save us some money!

0 comments: