Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowblower

Last winter I kept thinking that my dad could really use a snowblower now that my parents live out here in Utah and my dad isn't getting any younger. DH's dad gave us our snowblower a couple of winters ago and we have loved it. It definitely saves a lot of backache. The only problem with getting my dad a snowblower is that they are expensive, so I kept brushing the thought aside. Well once the holiday season started creeping up last year the thought kept popping back in my head over and over again so I finally talked to my mom about it and we discussed the possibility of getting my dad one for Christmas. After looking at some prices I decided to email all of my siblings to see if they would be interested in pitching in for one for a group gift. After looking at a few used models for sale around the area my mom and I decided to buy a new one. And luckily all of my siblings thought it was a great idea for a gift and all 6 of them (along with my mom) pitched in some money! I found the model that I wanted to get on sale at a local store a couple of weeks before Christmas so I bought it, printed up a sign from all of us, and bought a big bow to stick on it. DH helped me put it together and we presented it to him on Christmas when we went over to their house for dinner. I think my dad was completely surprised by the gift! It was fun to be able to give it to him!

1 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Yes, I was completely surprised. I have already used it a number of times. Thanks to all who helped with this.