Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter Dance Recital

Kitty had her winter dance recital on Saturday, December 11th. This year they decided to do something different and had the younger groups perform at the South Towne Expo Center as one of the performances during a Christmas craft show. So while we didn't have to pay a recital fee to help pay for the use of a local high school, we did have to pay for admission to the craft show. On our drive over to the expo center, M&M kept hearing an unusual sound while sitting in the back of our minivan and so we pulled over to check it out and DH found a huge screw in one of the rear tires. (This was the same tire that had the flat back when we tried taking a trip to the Uintahs with DH's parents back on Labor Day weekend.) DH didn't feel comfortable having us drive across town with the tire like that so we quick drove back home and had to decide who would be going to the performance and who would be staying home (since our other car can only seat 5 of us). So I ended up driving and taking all of the girls with me minus MJ. Luke, MJ, and DH stayed at home.

We made it there just before the performance time and we rushed inside to buy our tickets and find Kitty's group. My parents and sister and her family were also able to come so they helped out with Kay while I got Kitty into her tap shoes and gloves and hat. All I can say is that it was a complete mad house there. It was a tiny stage with a small seating area for probably about 50 people - and there were easily twice as many people as that there trying to see their child perform for these small group routines that lasted less than 5 minutes. Luckily I found my way over to a group towards the back center where a group of us parents took turns standing in front of each other while our child performed so we could each video tape & take pictures. All I can say is that I hope they don't try that location again...

Since we still needed to get the van in to the shop that day and I had a performance that night, we left right after Kitty's group performed. On our way out I saw a craft booth that had a bunch of hair clips for only $1 each so I let each of the girls pick something out before we left.

After I got home, DH took the van in to get the tire fixed once again. I wish I knew where I was getting these flats from...

0 comments: