Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Zoo trip

Friday, July 13

Usually when I go to the zoo for a class field trip I end up buying a year membership because with the size of our family you only need to make 2 trips there during the year to make it worth the price.  Since all of the kids were home and Luke and Blondie have not seen the new exhibit, I decided to take the kids there for a visit.  It was a relatively cool morning and we just stayed until lunchtime.  We were able to see the bird show and the new Rocky Shores exhibit which features a polar bear, seals, a sea lion and otters.  It is an awesome new exhibit!  One of these days we'll have to go when DH can come too.

This seal kept swimming right up to the window.  MJ loved it!
I love these big viewing windows!

The bird show is probably my favorite part of the zoo.  I love when the birds swoop overhead like this one!

This polar bear was very entertaining to watch.  It would get in the water and swim over to this rock which was right near the window.  It would push get up on the rock and then push off the window and do a back dive back into the water.  Then it would swim around and repeat the whole thing.  The kids loved watching it!

Kay really wanted to ride the carousel but I managed to talk her into the train ride instead this time.  After much complaining I think she really enjoyed it.

0 comments: