Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gymnastics

In the spring when we were deciding who to sign up for soccer for this year, I promised Blondie that if she would rather do gymnastics than soccer, I would find a place for her to take it again in the fall.  Well, when fall was approaching I was still unsure where to take her.  One of my visiting teachers said that her older took gymnastics for a time from our city rec center where you just sign up by the month and they offer classes on the different apparatus as well.  I looked into it and the prices were pretty reasonable and it was offered on a day when I would be able to make it work with our schedule.  When I offered Blondie the chance to take the gymnastics class on the apparatus, she was super excited, especially after just having watched the Summer Olympics.  So I signed Blondie up for the month of September and she has loved it!  It is just an hour class one day a week but she is having fun with it.  I then signed her up for October and I might have her move up a level for the month of November, I will talk to the teacher about it the next time we go.  They rotate the groups between the floor, uneven bars, high bar, rings, vault and balance beam.  They have 4 rotations each week so they put out different apparatus each week.  Blondie's favorite event to work on is the vault.

Here are a few not-so-great pictures of her.  (They were taken on October 3.)  It is hard taking pictures and trying not to distract the class - plus the lighting is pretty poor in the room...

0 comments: