Monday, October 22, 2012

Primary Sacrament Meeting Program

Sunday, September 30

This year's program ended up being pretty crazy because of some crazy scheduling in the fall.  Our ward ended up having Stake Conference on September 16, the Brigham City Temple dedication on September 23 and then our primary program the following Sunday.  Because of that we didn't have a lot of opportunity to have the kids practice.  I wrote the program this year - one of my duties as the 1st counselor in the primary presidency.  Last year I was put in the calling at the very end of July and the counselor before me had already written the program and so I just had to make a few changes here and there.

Since we have Sacrament Meeting last we were able to practice with the kids all during our primary time and it actually turned out pretty well.  I was quite pleased.  We had the Sunbeam class sing the first verse to "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" by themselves and it turned out really cute.  I think the whole congregation really enjoyed that.  I gave all of the kids speaking parts this year.  We also had a new family move in that week and because of a few missing kids we were able to give them speaking parts in the program.  I think their parents were grateful for that.  And unlike last year we ended almost exactly on time (last year we ended about 10 minutes early).

My parents were able to come and watch the kids in the program and then they stayed for dinner afterwards.

0 comments: