Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Happy 75th Dad!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday was also my dad's 75th birthday! We wanted to do a cake but weren't sure how we would get one ordered and picked up without a lot of travelling so I volunteered to make a cake! I ended up baking 4 rectangular cakes beforehand and then on Monday morning I mixed up some frosting and assembled it all together. I made 2 lemon cakes (because that is one of my dad's favorites) and then 2 chocolate cakes. I pieced it together and made one half of the cake lemon - stacked 2 high - and then the other half chocolate. I then frosted the whole thing as one so it looked like one huge cake! It was quite the undertaking! I think it turned out pretty well - it wasn't super fancy but there was plenty for everyone and it tasted pretty good too!

0 comments: