Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lost Baby Bird

August 11, 2015

One day we were out front when we kept hearing a chirping noise. After investigating it a little we found this baby bird in one of our window wells. It was clearly stuck and not able to get out on its own. So I grabbed a shovel and some leather work gloves and climbed down into the window well. The bird was terrified! Every time I got near it it would hop over to the other side of the window well. Finally after several tries I was able to corner it and pick it up with my hands and get it up and out of the window well. We are not sure what ended up happening to the bird. It hung around the front yard for a day or two and then we saw a mom or dad robin visiting it now and then. It eventually made its way to the side of our yard and then we lost track of it. (And if I remember correctly, I think I had to rescue it more than once from the window well...) Hopefully it survived and learned how to fly but I am not sure.

0 comments: