Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another school year comes to an end!

Friday, June 6th was the last day of school for our kids. The other 3 tracks still have 3 weeks of school left. Next year we'll be on D track which is the latest one to start so the kids will get about 2 1/2 months off until they start the next school year. (Unfortunately that means that they won't end until July 3rd next year...) The reason I requested this track is because I really like the kindergarten teacher on D track and Blondie will be in kindergarten next year!!
Luke has had a great year in first grade. We will miss his teacher, Mrs. B, who M&M also had for first grade. I was luckily able to help out about twice a month in her class and towards the end of my pregnancy I was helping out about once a week. This year there weren't too many parents that helped out (unlike M&M's year) so I tried to do all that I could for Mrs. B. I also think that she was more patient & worked better with Luke because she knows me and I helped out frequently in the classroom. I was sad once Baby K was born and I wasn't really in a position to help out any more. I know that she appreciated what I was able to do though.

M&M has also had a great fourth grade year. I can't believe she will be in 5th grade next year! M&M has struggled a little bit with math & keyboarding, so I was surprised & pleased when her teacher called her name for a math award for passing off all of her multiplication facts.

I keep feeling bad for switching the kids to D track for next year because M&M has been with a number of the same kids since 1st grade when we first got A track. She keeps informing me that she will be just fine, so I'm crossing my fingers. I told her that if we don't like D track I will try and switch us to A again for the following year.

0 comments: