Thursday, June 12, 2008

Totally spaced it...

I've been running around all morning & afternoon trying to get the house back in order after our busy weekend when I came downstairs and saw M&M looking at the calendar on the fridge. She was about to ask me something when I looked at the clock and realized that we were a half hour late for my son's orthodontist appointment! I've had that appointment on the calendar for several weeks and I can't believe that I totally spaced it - usually I'm really good at remembering things like that! Baby K has been so good today and I've been able to get a lot done around the house and I just completely forgot about the appointment. I yelled downstairs for the kids to get their shoes on and get in the car while I called the orthodontist's office to see if we should still come. After the receptionist talked to the orthodontist she said that they're just too booked today to be able to squeeze him in, but they do have an opening tomorrow morning. So I rescheduled for tomorrow morning. That should work better for me anyways. I like to take care of any errands, including appointments, in the morning if at all possible. Unfortunately this is the second time that we've had to reschedule this consultation. I made an appointment 2 months ahead of time for a couple of weeks ago and when they called to confirm, the time was different than what I had written down on my calendar - right in the middle of the school day during the last week of school. So I called and rescheduled for today. Oh, well. The reason Luke has this appointment is because he has some huge teeth coming in and no room in his mouth for a couple of teeth that he just lost. My prediction is that he will have to go through the whole expander/braces routine that M&M did already.

0 comments: