Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My baby sister ties the knot!

My younger sister and her fiance were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on Saturday, June 7th. She is the last of us seven siblings to get married. My oldest sister was the only one not able to come to the wedding.

We started out the day with a brunch at the Shilo Inn in downtown Salt Lake and then the sealing took place in the afternoon. My sister's friend, Emily, and her boyfriend were able to watch Baby K for us and then M&M and cousin Carol were able to watch the other kids. My brother's brother-in-law and his girlfriend were also there to help out with the other nieces and nephews during the sealing. Luckily Baby K did pretty well for Emily and she was an angel baby for the whole day. I couldn't believe how good she was the whole day as she got passed around from person to person as I was running around and trying to help out. I had people several times ask if they could hold her for me which was greatly appreciated (and I usually took them up on the offer).

There was a little bit of a miscalculation in how long the sealing and pictures would take and we had a hard deadline to be at the house for the cake & flowers delivery. Thankfully my sister's friend Emily was able to help out again and before my sister came out of the temple Emily took off for my parents' house to receive the cake & flowers for us. Then when we finally had the pictures taken and went to the house to set up for the reception, Emily and her boyfriend were there setting up tables and chairs in the backyard. Unfortunately, the night before the wedding we were going to set up the tables & chairs in the backyard but there was rain in the forecast so we decided to wait. It did rain during the night, but that meant that we had to set up the tables & chairs & centerpieces & food in about an hour before the reception started - and we actually had people show up right when the reception was supposed to start.


My oldest brother and a sister-in-law ended up running to the store partway through the reception because we had more people show up than we had anticipated. My sister and her husband got to the reception about 20 minutes late because they taking pictures at the temple. By the time they got to the house we had quite a crowd of people at the house.

M&M and her cousin Carol were junior bridesmaids to my sister and the other little nieces were flower girls. Two of the girls are not in the picture because they are at the age where they don't care for strangers and don't like to sit still for pictures. With all the crazy weather we had last week we actually had a nice day for my sister's wedding. It was sunny most of the day with a breeze on and off throughout the day. The reception started to get a little cool towards the end but for the most part it was a beautiful day!

I'll have to get some more pictures from my sister because I don't have any of Luke & his boy cousins with the ties that my mom made. I also don't have many pictures with my parents in them.

0 comments: