Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back to Primary

Sunday, June 1st was my first Sunday back at my calling as the primary pianist. The primary presidency was kind enough to find substitutes for me for the first two months after Baby K's birth. The problem with this calling is that as a nursing mother I am supposed to be in primary for almost 2 hours straight. Unlike some of my other callings such as primary teacher or YW advisor I only needed to be teaching for one hour and the other hour I would be free to take the baby and nurse her if needed.

So last Sunday was our first try at DH taking Baby K for the first 2 hours of church (we have Sacrament Meeting last in our ward). I packed a bottle and some formula for DH to give her if she needed it (since I had to supplement Baby K with some formula her first couple weeks of life she will still take a bottle thankfully). With church at 9 a.m. I had to get up around 6:45 to give myself enough time to get everyone ready for church. I fed Baby K right before we left for church. Once we arrived I realized that we had forgotten a blanket for her so DH went back home to get one while I took the kids to their classes (thankfully we just live 2 blocks from the church building). I then ran around to the different bathrooms in the building and could not get any hot water in any of the sinks... (As we were leaving for church we thought that it might be wise to have the bottle pre-filled with warm water so that DH doesn't have to do it while Baby K's screaming for food...) So I walked all the way around the building to the mother's room to see if I could get warm water from the sink in there - and I could. So I filled up the bottle with warm water and then hurried over to the primary room where they were already starting. Luckily I do have someone in the primary presidency who can play the piano and sit in for me...

The whole 2 hours I kept looking out the door to see if DH needed me and amazingly enough he didn't! DH fed Baby K the bottle during Sunday School and then she went to sleep and slept through the first part of Sacrament Meeting as well. Good job Dad & Baby K!!

0 comments: