Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New 'do

I lost a "bet" with my husband and had to have my hair dyed blonde. What, you might ask, was the bet that I lost? Well, it goes back to a couple of months ago when we were on our flight back from our trip to Florida. I was pregnant at the time and there were several women seated in the row in front of us that had blonde hair (mostly dyed). My husband made the comment that he wondered what I would look like as a blonde. At the time I was 95% sure that the baby I was pregnant with was a boy so I said, "I'll tell you what. If this baby is a girl, I will dye my hair blonde."

And, as you can tell from my blog, Baby K is in fact a girl!! So, here is my new "blonde" hair. I think my husband was surprised that I decided to go ahead with getting it dyed because I have never colored my hair before. My feeling was that I lost the bet fair and square so I had every intention of following through with it. I told the hairdresser that I wanted some of my original color left as an undertone so I actually don't look much different than I would if I spent the whole summer in the sun. Blondie likes not being the only one with blonde hair right now and I know she is hoping that Baby K will end up with blonde hair.

I took the kids over to my parents' house so they could watch them for me while I went to get my hair done. Amazingly, Baby K stayed asleep almost the whole time I was gone (almost 2 1/2 hours)!

I actually got it cut the week before my sister's wedding but wanted to wait until after the wedding to have it colored. I'm still getting used to the haircut. It is a little more maintenance than I'm used to to get it to look right...

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

I love it! You didn't say what Heath thought of the new 'do though!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of your new style as well! Was it hard sitting there hoping the hair dresser wouldn't do anything too drastic? That's always been difficult for me.