Thursday, July 31, 2008

Art day

I actually let the kids do an art project one day last week! It all started with Blondie bugging me all day with asking if she could play the Game Cube. Sometimes I have days where I just don't want them to play at all - I would rather they actually play with toys and have to use their imagination a little. Finally when I had just about had enough I told her to call her dad and ask him. Well, she thought that was a great idea because she loves calling him at work and so she kept bugging me to call her dad so she could ask him. So I called DH at work and told him that one of his daughters wanted to ask him something. He was busy at the time and said that he would call back in about 10 minutes. In the meantime I decided to try and find something else for Blondie to do so she would lose interest in the Game Cube. So I asked Blondie if she wanted to paint. Of course she immediately said "Yes" because I hardly ever let the kids paint.

We started out with a little paint book and water colors that Blondie got for Christmas (I think). Then I decided to be a little more daring and brought out blank paper and some more paints so that Kitty could paint as well. Once the older kids saw what Blondie and Kitty were doing they wanted to join in too. Eventually we ended up having erasable markers, foam stickers, water paints, and some squeezable paint brushes for the kids to use all out on the table. The kids ended up having a lot of fun and I enjoyed watching them be creative.

Well, when Dad called back to talk to Blondie, she had completely forgotten what she was going to ask him and started talking to him about what she was painting. DH was a little confused on why she had called so I had to explain everything to him. It was funny because when the kids were finishing up their paintings and I started cleaning everything up Blondie realized that she had forgotten to ask her dad about the Game Cube... :) Mission accomplished!

0 comments: