Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tiring day!

On Tuesday I dropped the kids off at my parents' house and then went to the Dry Pack Cannery in Sandy. It has been a while since I've been there so I did quite a bit of canning: 36 - #10 cans plus 2 for my parents. We are trying to get a year's supply stored and trying to rotate as well. I did quite a bit of wheat since they have had limited supplies recently and I don't know if they will have any the next time I go. Thankfully Baby K was great for my parents and didn't cry at all!

After I got back from canning I ate some lunch at my parents' and fed Baby K and then my dad and I took the 4 older kids to the swimming pool. We had a lot of fun and I am a little bit sunburned today (not too bad). This was our first trip to the pool this summer. It's just too hard (or impossible) for me to go by myself with the 5 kids. I wanted to take them before Saturday because M&M is having a birthday party Saturday with some friends and we are going to the pool, so I wanted the kids to get a little bit of practice in before the party. M&M and Luke are getting to be pretty good swimmers. It's nice to not have to be watching them every second they're in the water. I taught M&M how to do underwater somersaults and we worked a little on breathing to the side while doing the front crawl. I took my camera but completely forgot to take any pictures. We'll be sure to take some Saturday though. Baby K slept the whole time we were at the pool. :) She's such a good baby!

After we got home I made dinner and M&M, Baby K and I went to Toys-R-Us. I was pretty exhausted at this point in the day but there was one more thing I needed to do before M&M's birthday the next day. I have been looking for a new bike to buy M&M for her birthday and have been having a very hard time finding one that isn't too girly for her. Unfortunately she is right in-between two sizes of bikes and we finally decided to buy the bigger size, hoping that she will grow over the next year that she will fit it better next summer. We finally decided on one at the store and took the little item tag up to the cash register and they only had that model preassembled - which is 10 extra dollars. So I decided that I didn't want it and we left the store.

Well, M&M was quite upset because she really wanted that bike and it had taken us a long time to finally decide on one. We had a couple of options on what to do next and we finally decided to try another Toys-R-Us in the valley. I was trying to remember exactly where it was since I didn't have the address with me and luckily I found it right away. We went into the store and walked to the back where the bikes are and they had the same model there. We took the ticket up to the front and within 5 minutes they were bringing the box out to the car for me. At this point it was getting close to 9 p.m. and Baby K had had enough. She cried almost the whole drive home and was very upset when we finally got there. Poor baby! :'-(

0 comments: