Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blondie & her dad

Two weeks ago in Primary Blondie was given the assignment to give the prayer at the end of closing exercises for the following Sunday. She does not like to get up in front of the Primary and never volunteers for anything. She won't even participate if she is called on. So we talked that week about her giving the prayer in Primary and I said that I would be right there to help out since I play the piano for Primary. Blondie said that she wanted her dad to help her and so we talked about DH coming in at the end of Primary to help her out.

Before church last week I reminded her that she was going to be giving the prayer and she again requested that her dad come and help her with it. I said that we would need to remind him about it so that he didn't forget. Well, unfortunately we forgot to remind him because it is always such a rush trying to get everyone ready for 9 a.m. church.

During senior Primary DH looked into the primary room during sharing time and I went back to remind him that Blondie wanted him to come and help out with the prayer and what time he needed to be there. When junior primary came into the room Blondie was called up to the front because she was having a birthday that week and she actually went up to the front so the primary could sing to her. Then when it was time for closing exercises they asked her to come sit up front and she went once again. When it was time for the prayer her dad came forward and she stood up at the microphone and spoke loud and clear for everyone to hear her. I was so proud of her!

Afterwards she came over to me at the piano and I told her what a good job she had done on the prayer. Blondie then said to me, "I didn't think Dad would come." She was so glad that her dad had remembered and came to help her! It was really sweet. (And DH got a little misty eyed when I related the conversation to him.)

0 comments: