Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blondie is 5!

Blondie had her 5th birthday yesterday! We just had a family party this year for her. My parents came over in the afternoon to watch the kids while I did some last minute shopping and then when DH came home we let Blondie open her presents. After that M&M and Luke had their last baseball game so we all went and watched the game. My sister, Auntie M and her husband Rog met us at the game and we all went back to our house for dinner and cake and ice cream afterwards (except my dad who had to go to a meeting).

I can't believe that Blondie is 5 already and will start kindergarten in a few short weeks! She was only 2 1/2 weeks old when we moved into this house!

The castle cake I made her was one of the easier cakes that I have made. I found it in one of the cake books that I have. It is just made with a basic 2-layer round cake and the spires on top are regular & sugar cones stacked on top of one another.This was probably her favorite present (and M&M and Kitty love it too). It is a Polly Pocket size Sleeping Beauty doll that includes Prince Philip and a horse and carriage - very cute.

Modeling some of the clothes she received
(with Kitty always by her side).
The other favorite kid toy that Blondie received. This is a little toy laptop that has lots of games and activities with counting, the alphabet and other basic concepts. Surprisingly, all of the kids have been fighting over this toy since Blondie opened it.

0 comments: