Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baking Day

Wednesday I spent most of the day in the kitchen baking. I decided to try my husband's grandmother's recipe for Monster Cookies and I wanted to make some banana bread with my overripe bananas. I only made half of the cookie recipe and it still made a ton of cookies! M&M was a great helper with the cooking and with Baby K. We gave away several dozen of the cookies as well as some of the banana bread to neighbors. I also helped provide dinner to a family in the ward on the same day!

Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it:

Monster Cookies
1 pound butter
4 cups brown sugar
4 cups granulated sugar
12 large eggs
6 cups peanut butter
8 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla
12 cups quick oats
1 large package M&Ms
1 package chocolate chips

Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and peanut butter. Next add the baking soda, corn syrup, vanilla and oats. Cream together. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.

Just as a word of caution - half of this recipe was almost too much for one of the largest bowls I have in my kitchen...

0 comments: