Saturday, September 22, 2012

M&M turns 14!!

Monday, July 30

That title makes me feel like I am getting old!  Yes, my oldest child has turned 14!!  I'm also excited to say that she is finally growing some more!  She is just a couple of inches shorter than me and her feet are getting close to my size as well.  (Although Luke's feet are bigger than M&M's...)  M&M was kind enough to let her younger sisters help her open her gifts and they totally enjoyed it!  M&M got some clothes, a graphing calculator for school (yippee) and a few other things.  I also finally found some pajamas for her (that are not tank-tops or super short shorts) and they actually fit her (and she likes them too)!!  Right now she is in-between fitting in the children's size clothing and the junior sizes.  She's kind of in a tough spot as far as clothing goes...






Since M&M just had her braces put on a few days before her birthday, unfortunately her teeth were still pretty sore when her birthday rolled around.  She is also not a big cake fan anyways so we decided to make her an ice cream cake this year.  I searched around on the internet and found the recipe for this cake and it turned out AWESOME!!  It also looked like we had bought it at the store and it was actually pretty easy to do.  I would totally recommend the recipe to anyone!!  Here it is if you're interested:  Layered ice cream cake.  It's just made from oreos, ice cream sandwiches, cool whip and 3 flavors of ice cream.  We used a really good chocolate ice cream, strawberry frozen yogurt and vanilla. Everyone loved it!


Next time I need to try and get the layers a little more even.  I'm not sure if I was using a bigger pan than called for in the recipe or I just measured it wrong, but I had to add quite a bit more vanilla ice cream to the top so that it filled the whole pan.

Trying out the new pajamas.  And sorry about the red-eye.  With her glasses being a reddish-brown color, my photo software has a hard time getting the red-eye out of her pictures...



We also had this sign on our front door from the MiaMaid class.  M&M is so excited to be moving up to that group.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

She's such a pretty girl!