Sunday, September 23, 2012

New glasses

Just before the S Family reunion I took M&M and Luke in to the eye doctor to have their eyes tested again.  Both were complaining of not being able to see well even with their glasses on.  I took Luke first and sure enough he needed a new prescription.  So we looked through the selection at Sears Optical and found some that we liked and ordered them.  The next day I took M&M in for her eye exam.  She also needed a new prescription and we also talked a little about possibly doing contacts with her.  Then we went to look at and try on frames and we couldn't find a single pair that we liked for her there.  The sales assistant said that they were supposed to be getting a shipment of new styles in any day now and that we could wait and take a look at the new ones when they came in.  So we decided to do that.

Luke's glasses are pretty similar to his old ones.  The main difference is that they are blue on the sides which I think looks pretty cool.

A few days later we got a call saying that Luke's glasses were ready so when we went to pick them up I brought M&M along to look at the new frames.  Once again though we didn't find anything that she really liked.  We finally settled on a pair that we thought were the closet to what she was looking for and decided to just order them and she would get used to them.  They weren't a ton different from her current glasses (which were taped together because of a broken frame).

Well her glasses came in right after the S family reunion.  We went to pick them up and she tried them on and neither of us were terribly happy with how they looked.  I decided not to say much to her about them because I didn't want to affect her opinion at all.  She wore them a little bit, but I could tell that she just didn't like them.  They seemed to be much bigger than either of us remembered.  A part of me wonders if they really were the exact same as the ones she had tried on.  I just can't see both of us being so wrong in our choice...

After a few days I decided that we just needed to return them.  I could tell that she didn't like them and was choosing to wear her older, broken pair that she couldn't see as clearly out of.  Thankfully Sears has a 30 day (I think) money back, no questions asked policy.  So I went back to Sears once again and returned the glasses and then I asked for a copy of her prescription so that we could go somewhere else.

0 comments: