Monday, September 10, 2012

S Family Reunion - Day 2

Thursday, July 19

On Thursday we drove up to Park City and went down the Alpine Slide - one of the largest slides in the world (I believe).  You take a ski lift up to the top of the mountain and then grab a seat for the slide and walk over to the beginning of the slides - there are 4 of them.  You have to be at least 48 inches tall to ride it by yourself and if you are at least 2 years old and under that age then you can ride with an adult.  This was MJ's second birthday and Blondie was just barely above the 48 inches so everyone in the family was able to go on a ride.  I took MJ with me, DH and Kitty went together and M&M was able to take Kay.  Luke and Blondie rode by themselves.  The ski lift I think was a little scary for the kids and I was a little nervous having MJ with me.  Luckily she stayed put the whole time and sat right next to me with my arm around her.  At one point MJ said to me, "I's scared momma!"  It was a long way down and the lift stopped once for a minute or two while we were partway up the mountain.

The slide was really fun until we got towards the end and caught up with some slower people who didn't seem to know how to work their seat correctly...  I was able to kind of lock MJ with my arms to keep her in place between my legs.  Kay had a blast with M&M and kept wanting her to go faster!

It was a super hot day and we were glad to get the ride over in the morning!  After that we drove back to Heber and stopped at McDonald's for lunch.









After lunch we drove back to the house and then most of the family took a train ride for the afternoon on the Heber Creeper.  I stayed back at the house to get dinner ready and to look after MJ who really needed a nap.  (I made fried rice the day before the reunion started and then brought some add-ins for meat and vegetables.  I also served plain rice with a really yummy sweet and savory sauce that could be served over the rice.)  Luke and M&M also stayed back to go swimming with a few of the older cousins.  DH took Blondie, Kitty and Kay on the train and the kids had a lot of fun with their cousins.  At one point the train was held up at gun point and they were all robbed of their valuables!  (I think they managed to get it all back though!)  











The kids did some more swimming after dinner and then we had a little thunderstorm.

There was a beautiful sunset that evening!


I also had to post a few pictures of MJ on her birthday!  We decided to wait and celebrate it after we returned home from the reunion - she didn't seem to mind!




0 comments: