Friday, September 14, 2012

MJ is two!

Saturday, July 21

We celebrated MJ's birthday the evening of the day we returned from the S Family Reunion.  With everything that would take place the following week we decided that that might be our best pick.  It was quite crazy and after unpacking a little I set to making a cake for MJ.  She loves Elmo but I don't have a character cake pan for Elmo so I made a cake using a Dora character pan and was just planning on making a Dora cake.  Well, I then got it into my head to try to cut and shape the Dora cake to look like Elmo.  After decorating it with frosting, I think it turned out pretty good - especially for being almost completely freehand!  (I think my family all thought I was crazy for attempting it!)  MJ was super excited when she saw it and she still talks about her Elmo birthday cake when she sees pictures of it!

The Dora cake that I made for Kitty's 2nd birthday - just to give you an idea of the shape of the cake when it came out of the oven.
I love her smile in this picture!
MJ received some baby doll cups with the disappearing liquid and she thought that those were the coolest thing!  She also got a baby doll with some clothes and a stroller for it.  She did not want to put that baby doll down and loved pretending that she was feeding it with the doll sippy cups.  She also wanted to take the doll outside for a walk in its stroller!








0 comments: