Tuesday, October 24, 2006

M&M gets braces

Tuesday, October 17

The fun is just beginning!!

M&M got braces last Tuesday on her front two teeth. She has had an expander in her mouth for the last couple of months to try and make room up top for her permanent teeth to come in. She lost the two teeth on either side of her front teeth almost a year ago now and the permanent ones never came in. The dentist took some x-rays and you could tell that they were stuck up in her gums with no room to come down. Now that she has had the expander in her mouth, her teeth are finally coming in. In the next couple of months the orthodontist will take out her expander and give her a retainer to wear. Then once all of her permanent teeth come in, she'll probably need full braces (especially on her bottom teeth)...

3 comments:

Vonae said...

My niece Maddie is doing this too. Does it hurt her? I hope that she is o.k.

Steph said...

Her mouth was sore the first couple of days and then it gets sore if the orthodontist has to adjust it. Other than that she's been okay with it.

Cherylyn said...

I had an expander...I got a lisp from it while I had it because I got a big ol gap in my two from teeth. I had to use a small key and expand it in my mouth every day...that hurt like the dickens...hopefully they have improved the technology.