Friday, August 15, 2008

Diving board

Yesterday we met my sister-in-law Jay and her 2 boys, Con-man and T-Rex, at my parents' house so we could go to the pool together (they are visiting from Idaho for a few days). We went with my parents to the pool down the street from them. It was pretty crazy because Baby K was awake the whole time and it was VERY sunny. I was very concerned about Baby K's fair skin and didn't want her in the sun very much because it is so easy to get sunburned here. My mom mostly took charge of Baby K and my dad and I had Kitty and Blondie most of the time. M&M swam around with her cousins and aunt Jay and Luke played some with them and spent some time by himself in the shallower part of the pool.
When we were first getting everyone situated I was trying to find M&M and found her in line with her cousins at the diving board! She has never been off the diving board before so I left my mom with the three little ones and quickly went over to the diving board area with my camera. I went over to talk with M&M and asked her if she was going to be okay jumping off the diving board. She told me that she was fine but was wondering when she would know when to jump off. I told her that usually you have to wait until the person before you has jumped and then swam off to the side of the pool and then you can go. Jay and my dad were in the water at the side of the pool in case she needed help so I felt fine with letting her jump. I went over to the side and got ready with the camera.

Here she is jumping off for the first time.

After jumping off a couple of times M&M played in the pool with her cousins for a little while. Later she went back to the diving board and I came over to take some pictures of her cousins going off the high dive and M&M asked me if she could do a front flip off of the dive! She has had some practice doing front flips at tumbling class and so she wanted to try it off the diving board. I think it also helps that our neighbors have a trampoline that they jump on a lot. I told her that she could do it if she wanted to so I got some pictures of her doing front flips off the diving board! M&M ended up doing a flip off the diving board 4 times. I just got a picture of the tail end of it the first time around so I asked if she felt comfortable enough to do it again. The second time someone walked in front of me just as I was taking the picture.
I got some good shots though of the 3rd and 4th times. M&M is definitely more daring than I was at that age!Baby K and M&M have matching suits. Baby K's suit I bought 3 years ago when Kitty was a baby and M&M's suit we bought this summer. We didn't realize how closely they matched until they both wore them to M&M's swim party.

0 comments: