Friday, August 29, 2008

Kitty time

With Blondie in kindergarten now, that leaves me at home with just Kitty and Baby K in the mornings. I was a little concerned at first that Kitty would have a hard time with Blondie gone but the more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that Kitty was going to love having some time to play by herself and some more one on one time with me.

On Tuesday (Blondie's first day), we needed to go to the grocery store. When we were getting ready to leave, Kitty kept saying (with a big smile on her face), "It'll just be you, me and Baby K. Is that right?"

We went to Macey's because they were having a really good sale on some bulk items and I wanted to get a couple more things before the sale ended. When we got to the store I was debating whether to get just a regular cart or one of the carts with a play car for Kitty to sit in. Then I remembered that I have seen little kids in the past pushing around mini-size shopping carts in the store. So I went over to the customer service desk and behind the desk they have these mini carts that you can "check-out" for your kids to use. So I asked Kitty if she would like to push her own cart and her whole face lit up. We got a cart for her and she had the best time pushing it around the store. Whenever I picked up an item that I needed I would ask her if she wanted it in her cart or in my cart. By the time I was ready to check out she had her little mini-cart completely full. When we went up to the check stand to start unloading the carts I tried to unload some things from her cart and she didn't want me to touch anything in it. She wanted to unload everything from it herself.

Before we went out to the parking lot we had to turn the cart back in and when we did so the lady behind the service desk handed Kitty a helium balloon. She was so excited and happy! She was pretty much on cloud 9 by the time we got home and was very excited to tell everyone about her day.

**Now whenever I tell her we need to go to the store she wants to know what store we are going to and if they have little carts there.

0 comments: