Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tumbling

I have been deliberating the last couple of months as to whether or not to enroll M&M in tumbling this year. I had pretty much decided to take a year off from it when I got a card in the mail from the place she attended last year and then a friend in the ward called to see if M&M was going to do it again. The class that they want to put M&M in is on Tuesday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m. That just seems SO late to me since we try to have the kids in bed by 9:00. So I told her that no we weren't interested but to let me know if her daughter (M&M's friend) was going to do it or not.

Well, my friend called the lady in charge of the classes and found out that M&M is already signed up for the class so she signed her daughter up and now the class is full. She told me this on Sunday and I thought some more about it and decided that maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have M&M in the class because we shouldn't have any conflicts with soccer practices this time around and it's not in the middle of dinner time like last year. Plus we would be able to car pool because this friend just lives a block away. So I said that would discuss it with my husband and M&M and we would let her know before class time on Tuesday. DH isn't too crazy about the late time because that's usually when we read scriptures but we think we can figure out a workaround for one night a week so we left it up to M&M to decide if she wants to do it. After much coaxing and prodding M&M finally said that yes she would like to continue with tumbling so I think we'll try it out tonight. I know that she will enjoy being in the same class as her friend - we tried to get them in the same class last year but because of different family schedules we signed up for different ones.

It's really hard to get M&M to tell us what she wants because she is so concerned about pleasing us. She knows we're concerned about how late the class is and about the time commitment and so she worries about that and doesn't want to tell us what she really would like to do. It's the same way with birthdays and Christmas. She is so concerned with how much things cost or whether or not DH and I would approve that we can never figure out what she really wants.

0 comments: