Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hit the jackpot!

Blondie was complaining at the pool the other day that her swimsuit was too tight and I come to find out that it is a size too small and very tight on her. So I went looking through M&M's old clothes for a bigger swimsuit for Blondie and couldn't find one the next size up. I think that when I was putting away that size clothes I decided to get rid of the swimsuit because it was looking pretty worn. I also can't find the next size up for Baby K and I think that I ended up doing the same thing with that one.

So today I went to ShopKo to look for a swimsuit for Blondie and Baby K and ended up stocking up on some spring/summer clothes and swimsuits for next year for the girls. They had some 2 piece outfits for Baby K with long pants & short sleeve shirts for less than $2.50 for the set! I couldn't believe it! That is cheaper even than the D.I. where most items are at least $2-3 each. All the swimsuits I got were $5-7 each which is much cheaper than you can ever find at the beginning of the season. All along I have been thinking that in some ways it's nice to have all of these girls because then we can just hand down all of the clothes, but I am finding that a lot of clothes just do not last through 2 or 3 kids.

I ended up buying 6 swimsuits (thinking ahead for the next year or two), 2 complete outfits plus a shirt for Baby K, 1 outfit plus a skort for Kitty and short sleeve shirts for M&M and Blondie - all for less than $70! Kitty was really getting into the clothes searching and found a really cute Disney Princess swimsuit for Baby K and she was so excited! I also got some shirts for myself at ShopKo last week for $2-3 each and some great clothes at J.C. Penneys on clearance for less than $5 each. I love end of the season sales!

0 comments: