Sunday, August 10, 2008

Success... but will it last?

We have been having problems lately with getting Kitty to go to nursery during church. Since we have classes first I will usually take her and drop her off on my way to the primary room and lately she has been throwing a fit when I try to leave her there with the nursery leaders so I usually end up taking her into primary with me. Then after we are finished with opening exercises I will try and take her into the nursery room and stay with her for a few minutes until I have to get back for singing time. The last couple of weeks I have been able to take her in but she usually hasn't stayed the whole time until this week, finally! One week I even had Luke take her in and sit with her during junior primary's singing time because she was crying and screaming when I tried to take her into the primary room with me. I think that her biggest problem with nursery is that nothing there is hers. She has some personality issues where she has a hard time if she doesn't have control over things because she likes things to be in a particular way or order. There are a couple of kids in the nursery that are very controlling and try to take everything that anyone else has and Kitty has a hard time with that.

The other success today was that Kitty stayed in the chapel with the rest of the family when I went out to feed Baby K and she didn't scream and holler. In the past whenever I have left with Baby K to go out and feed her or change her diaper Kitty will scream and put on quite a show until she is allowed to follow me. Today though she actually stayed and was okay with it (after some coaxing from her dad). Hopefully we can keep this up and it won't just be a one time thing.

0 comments: